Bad Ass Home Ecc
Time & Location
About The Event
Hanging anything from the wall can be a daunting experience. Just landed that great exhibition of your heavy and odd shaped sculpture? Want to build a shelf in your exposed brick wall apartment? We can help.
This class will demystify the various screws, bits, and weight requirements for sheet rock, brick, wood, lathe and plaster and wood. Students will learn how a cordless drill operates and understand the power requirements for most jobs. Feel confident walking into a hardware store and knowing exactly what drill bit, screw or expansion bolt you need to accomplish your construction task. After taking this workshop, not only will you be able to confidently hang a plant from your ceiling knowing the right parts and tools to use so that it stays, but also master constructing and hanging larger projects like a horizontal lighting system for your dining room or for your next art show.
This one -day workshop is designed for makers and artisans who desire the skill to:
• Build strong shelving on their wall
• A seamless 3d attachment for a gallery installation
• Learn what attachments will support various weights into walls or a ceiling
• Learn to identify your wall or ceiling” type”
• Choosing the right tool for the job; not all cordless drills are created equal (we have suggestions)
• Learn to seamlessly patch a hole in a wall (if you make a mistake)